This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A customer with manners!

I'm relatively new to the world of work (only started in October last year), I work in a fairly smal and quiet shop which is part of a chain of cosmetics stores, I've had a pretty quiet time I must admit with only maybe two or three sucky situations (I should post those sometime really) but I felt that I might as well post a nice experience I had today that left me smiling. ^_^

I was working at the till and I noticed this rather tall and gruff-looking guy coming into the store talking quite loudly on his phone going through the shop and I expected him to (as usually happens) keep on talking when he came up to the till. Instead he said to his friend on the phone:

"Sorry, but I'm at the till now, it's rude to talk on the phone when you're being served."

It took me by surprise as he just put the phone down and I served him.

As he was leaving the store I heard him repeating to his friend that it's rude to be on the mobile while being served and I just felt like giggling.

Anyone else been pleasantly surprised by a customer's manners?

No no, you must have been hallucinating....

What? WHAT??
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

some times i dont mind the customer being on the phone when im helping them. because it means i can actually answer the phones with out having to ask them to wait for me to answer it.

it happened like this today,

customer was waiting to be helped, he gets a call while we are out at his car, i go about my inspection of his vehicle and we go in side, the phone is ringing so i answer it, look up the information, and then hang up. by that time hes done with the call hes on, so i start to help him and my phone rings again, and he says well thats werid, my phone went off at the same exact time yours did, he laughs and takes the call while i take my call.

now normally i dont have the luxury to beable to do this, and i end up having to take messages, and call people back, which is something i really dont have much extra time for, and ill be honest i actually forget sometimes.

the people who talk on the phone are usually asking questions to either a parent or who ever owns the car, or is paying for what ever we are doing. i think this guy was just on buisness calls.
      "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

Working...
      X