This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happiness Abounds

Some happy experiences, but as a worker bee and a customer.

Best...Ever??

As I've mentioned, I work in a university office and deal mostly with faculty. One of them, PI for Professor Incredible, had me do quite a bit of work for her last year - mostly grade-recording type things. Christmas rolled around, and a few profs. got me little presents- a calendar, popcorn, candies, etc. After the break, PI saw me in the office. Through the window, I saw her point, exaggerated motions, running back to her office, then back to me.

PI: I was afraid I'd forget! *hands card*
    Me: *opens* Um..wow.

It was a giftcard to a local coffeeshop. On the card was written "To the best GRA ever!" I was really touched. I managed to stammer out a thank you, and then crafted a more eloquent thank you note. I got a lot of yummy coffee and chai out of that card!

The Awesome Sandwich Makers of KC

I love Quizno's. Beyond words. Their sandwiches are much yummier than Subways (IMO). I go there 1-2 times a week for a Tuscan Turkey or Black Angus Steak or...well, I try to mix it up. The search for a Quizno's in KCMO took a while. The closest one to my house I won't ever go to again. The staff is rude, they are frequently out of stock (like...chicken), and well, the very polite cashiers usually don't speak English as a first language. I try to patient, but it can be very frustrating when I can't understand what she's saying.

The next closest one is in Mission and I avoid Kansas as a matter of principle. So, I trot my happy butt out to Wornall & 103rd. Since most of you aren't from here, this is an area right in between a very poor area and a very rich area, with the added benefit of being right off an interstate loop. I know they get an interesting mix of ghettoness and EW's.

The staff is super friendly. I usually small talk with the cashier while waiting for my sandwich to be done (frequently chatting about SCs). They've never been out of anything. They don't mind when I blank and forget which sandwich shop I'm in and order a 6 in. The sandwiches are always neat (no filling coming out all over the place). And well, the food is super yummy.

So here's to you, night shift of Quizno's at 103 & Wornall in KC!
    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

I love going to Subway. I've never tried Quiznos.

Comment

There's a Subway on campus that I go to all the time. It's great - but I prefer Quizno's oven-toasted pieces of deliciousness.
      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

There's a subway with a drive-thru that's walking distance from my house. The staff there (and the owner) are cool as hell. The subs there are good, but the toasty yumminess from Quiznos trumps Subway.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

i personally cant stand subway,

after you have been shut in a bathroom with several of their employees, the smell just makes you sick, (i did observed drug testing for a while if you are wondering why im shut in bathrooms with other people)

i have a cool place that i go too.

auntie annes pretzels, you know the big pretzels that you get, well they have these great hot dog wrapped pretzels, i usually get them with either a pretzel or a stick and some cheese to go with it.

i started going there because it was right next to the att store where i was trying to upgrade and then later had some issues with the phone i had. and since its not that far from where i work in the mall its a much shorter difference.

well today i go there, and i asked for another frequent pretzel card since i didnt have the one i usually had on me, so the guy gets the card and stamps out 2 rows worth of free pretzels, i say to him whoa what are you doin there i didnt order that many pretzels today (not that i ever get 10 pretzels in one day 4 maybe with the buy one get one deals they have) he says, its ok your a high roller here. i thanked him and went on my way.
          "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

Working...
          X