This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The things we get away with saying...

I swear, we have NO boundaries when it comes to joking around. We all have a broad sense of humor. We say racist/stereotype jokes, sexual, etc. You name it, we say it.

Now, we usually have more than one manager working at a time, one up front and one in grill.

FM= Front manager
    GM= Grill manager
    R= my best friend and amazing coworker

FM: "GM, we are so lucky we have the two of us here. I get the front. You get the back."
    R: "WOW!" *laughs*
    GM: "FM! You weren't supposed to tell anyone... What time are we going to church?"

Or the one time one of the afternoon guys took two balloons and a tray, put them by his crotch to form a phallic shape. I grabbed the mayo squirter and put mayo on the tip of the tray. The manager on duty about died from laughter.

This one was just...wow.

D= our resident black man
    R= My best friend

D: "What do an apple and a black guy have in common?"
    R: "What?"
    D: "Both hang nicely from a tree."

While we are on the topic of racial slurs and all that stuff, we do make stereotypical jokes. It doesn't help that people reinforce these while we are working.

One time, we had an Asian guy come in, wearing a Happy Wok uniform, and order a grilled Asian salad. I had to go to the back and let it all out.

When any one group of certain races come in, front people go to the back and let grill people know.

"Make more chicken!"
    "Make sure you have lots of mayo!"
    "Omg! You will need ALOT of burritos!"

I know it's so horrible, but you know what? We end up BEING RIGHT.

The other day, I got done making parfaits. I open the door to the walk-in cooler to put them away. Right in front of me, is one of my managers, bent over. I just stand behind her and look at my best friend. At the same moment, we start laughing.

"What's so funny you two?"
    *in unison* "Nothing."
    "Fine! Keep it inside!"
    My bff and I started laughing again.
    Afterwards, I looked at him and said "If I didn't have the parfaits, I would have pretend humped her."

Today was the most perverted days EVER.

C=Running shift manager
    R= my bff (noticing a pattern?)
    D= Grill manager
    S= Other grill manager

R: "C'mon C. You can lift it. Weak."
    D: "C, are you going to take crap from Raziel?"
    C= "I've been taking it all day."

Luckily I was on break. I went into thebathroom laughing. As I left to go to the bathroom, I heard R laughing.

C=" R, I want those burritos for this order."
    R: "I know you WANT it sooo bad."

I laughed and the DT beeped. I almost laughed over headset.

C:"Ok S, what do you want R to do before he goes home?"
    R: "Yeah S." *approaches her mock seductively* "What DO you want me to do?"
    S: "Oh my god. Go away R. Just go home."

With the unannounced SOR coming up, it's great that we can still joke around to lighten the mood. Everybody has been tense lately because of this SOR and we need to pass or this hangs over our head until next year.

*Sorry if anyone was offended by any of these antics or jokes on here. We are racially diverse (though lacking any Asians). None of us are actually racist. We just find those jokes funny. We are not all (note how I said all. Only some of us) sex crazed deviants. Management is pretty relaxed with the jokes, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone or get too far and do our jobs professionally.*
    "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

I laugh at stereotypical jokes too, you know as long as they are not tooo offensive, I think people need to loosen up about that kind of shit and we'd have a lot less issues. Sounds like you have a lot of fun at work. Any crappy job can be fun if you have a good crew.

Comment

Quoth elysia View Post
      I laugh at stereotypical jokes too, you know as long as they are not tooo offensive, I think people need to loosen up about that kind of shit and we'd have a lot less issues. Sounds like you have a lot of fun at work. Any crappy job can be fun if you have a good crew.
      I agree, totally.

There's a huge difference between racist humor and humor where race is a factor, though. My best examples of racially-involved humor are a couple jokes that I, coincidentally enough, was first told (by a guy from Mexico) during the last Olympics:

Why did the President of Mexico move to LA?
      So he could be closer to his people.

Why doesn't Mexico ever win any track'n'field events at the Olympics?
      Because anyone who can run, jump, climb, or swim is already here.

It's just sad I feel like I have to preface them with the fact that I was told them by a guy from Mexico for fear of being called a racist.
      ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Jokes are to be posted in the "Jokes" forum only. It is moderated for a reason. Most of these would not have been approved.

Any discussion about people's attitudes regarding stereotypes and racism is probably better handled at Fratching.

I'm glad that no one so far appears to have been offended, but I'm closing this thread before the inevitable happens.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Working...
        X