This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The customer IS NOT always right

A few days ago I was helping a woman and her mother find a particular pair of pants. The style/brand she really wanted is no longer available at our store so we were looking for something similar. We finally found a pair the mother thought would be okay so she went into the fitting room to try them on.

While she was doing that, her daughter and I continued to look at a few more racks, chatting away about nothing in particular. The dept was a bit of a mess (our hours have been cut). As we walked and chatted I stopped to pick-up a few articles of clothing off the floor and said, "I believe this is the 3rd time tonight I've had to pick up these same clothes."

Daughter: "I think it's such a shame how horrible people behave when they're shopping. I've seen them knock clothes on the floor and not even attempt to pick them up."

Me: "I've seen people knock clothes to the floor then kick them under the racks."

Daughter: "It's just disgusting."

Me: "One time I saw a girl knock a shirt onto the floor. Instead of picking it up, she stepped on it and proceeded shuffling along the floor on it."

Daughter: "Did you say...I hope you have money on you because now you have to buy that?"

Me: "Oh, no. We aren't allowed to talk back to customers. The customer is always right, ya know."

Daughter: "The customer IS NOT always right."

Me: "They are here."

Daughter: "Well, if I ever see someone doing that I'll tell them off for you."

Me: "OK, cool!"
    Retail Haiku:
    Depression sets in.
    The hellhole is calling me ~
    I don't want to go.

I love that woman
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I just LIKE her. If she'd started picking up clothes too, I'd LOVE her.

Comment

Quoth Retail Associate View Post
        Me: "One time I saw a girl knock a shirt onto the floor. Instead of picking it up, she stepped on it and proceeded shuffling along the floor on it."
        And I thought I had winners. Yikes.

Kudos to the daughter. I hope she really does tell people off.
        1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
        -----
        http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

I think I'm in love.

Comment

did you get her number... I think every guy on the board that isn't already taken has a crush on her now
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

The SO once said

SC: Whatever happened to "The customer is ALWAYS right?"
              SO: The Customer hasn't been "Always Right" since the mid 1970's
              Random conversation:
              Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
              DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

This story just restored my faith in humanity.

Comment

Alright, so which one of the CSers was shopping in RA's store?

Comment

Quoth Retail Associate View Post
                    Isn't that criminal damage...?
                    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I had a tennet that was like the daughter in the OP's story. He straight up told me, that the customer is not always right. And not even him. Him and I were both just happen to be shopping at Walmart and he got behind me in line. And as were chatting away. A customer in front was being sucky.
                      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

of course i had to get taken a week before hearing this story awesome tale, awesome person! did you tell her about CS.com?
                        Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
                        --Unknown

Comment

My 2c

You know, because of this website I am actually nicer to all the people in the service industry (unless they are absolute assholes and deserve it.) My mom still believes in the adage , but what can I do except my best?

But going OT, I have a few thoughts of my own on customer service.

I'd like to take the saying "The Customer Is Always Right!" (yeah right, ) and turf it out a window. What I would like to have it replaced with is this: "Treat the Customer as If They Are In Your Own House". Meaning, you have to be nice, be courteous, treat your CW's as your roommates, and help to keep the store clean and organized. But there is a loophole in here that if someone is being a CW, an ass, or someone is stealing, then you have every right to kick 'em out.
                          However, there is another catch. I have learned that you have to treat someone else's store as if you were a guest in a another person's house when you are the customer yourself. You wouldn't want someone else ruining your clothing or your merchandise, would you?
                          "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
                          "Otherwise you are free to keep putting your hope in leprechauns, horseshoes and unicorn farts."-Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                          X