This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Borders awesomeness and my messup

I usually work Mon-Fri, 7am-3pm at the college. Because someone called off, I worked the 11pm-7am starting Sunday night. I knew I'd be a little tired on Monday but since there was enough coverage it was a work till I decide I'm too tired and want to go home type thing. While I was working the overnight, J gave me a print out of a Borders coupon for 40% off a box set. I'm all jazzed because I've been wanting to get the next season of Gilmore Girls for a bit now. The coupon is only good for Monday and Tuesday but that shouldn't be a problem hopefully.

Monday morning around 9 I decided that that was about all I could do and I was sleepy. I figured I'd go by Borders on the way home and grab the next season and watch an episode or two while I relaxed and half napped in the living room. I got there, and all they have is 2, 3, and 4. Well that doesn't work, I already have those. I figured as a last ditch effort on the off chance, I'd check to see how long orders took. Since the coupon said no orders, I figured if it was a next day type thing, I could get it the next day (so long as they agreed that wouldn't count). The guy told me a week and I said never mind. He was really nice and asked if he could see the coupon. Then I get the awesome news. I can order it, pay for it then with the coupon, and it will just get sent directly to my house. Then things get a bit tricky. According to the computer, they already have 2 copies of season 5, but we can't find them anywhere in the store. Finally the manager helped us track down a store about 30-40 minutes away that had it and had me order it over the phone. Same method of paying with the coupon and having it shipped to my house. The workers really worked their asses off for me which I appreciated. The guy in the other town said they'd ship it this morning and everything and all's good. I was in the store for about 45 minutes, most of the time being helped by the worker and manager.

I then get home and sleep. When I get up, I'm sleepily wandering around the house. Suddenly I see something odd. Crap. It's Gilmore Girls season 5 sitting right there on the counter. They worked really hard to get it ordered for me, and I ordered the wrong season! I was supposed to be getting season 6 (which they didn't have in stock either). A call to the out of town Borders confirms that they have mailed it already. The guy was really nice though and recommended that I have the in town one order season 6 and just exchange them in store. I called the in town one and they got everything ordered for me so in about a week I should be able to trade for the correct season. I'm never shopping when sleepy again! I also am going to start going to them more often now though. They were really nice about everything even after I realized my screwup.
    "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall
Working...
X