This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice guy at a restraunt

I have a shrimp allergy and I know the risks of eating at a Mongolian BBQ. Someone is going to put shrimp in their own food and through the course of it being cooked, a piece will get into mine. I try mellow and usually warn the cooks.

One day, I was eating at my local Mongolian BBQ when I noticed my throat was tingling (a bad sign). I look in my food a little deeper and there was a piece of shrimp. Not a big one but...well...big enough. I asked the waiter to bring a manager. He came over (a little wary, I might add) and I told him what had happened and showed him the back of my mouth (where my throat had swollen). He talked to the cook and the cook confirmed, yes, I notified him of the allergy.

There are two ways he could have handled this: 1) assume I'm trying to pull a scam and apologize but without medical documentation, he cannot do more. He didn't do that.
    He did 2) Apologize profusely, ask if I needed an medical attention (I didn't that time) and say he would not see a cent from us for the meal that evening.

Needless to say, I go there often now. And it's gratifying to know the cooks watch a little closer now when I bring my plate.
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?
Working...
X