This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good parenting at Wal-Mart!

A few days back, my mother sent me to Wal-Mart with her card to get food for the house. She was feeling too sick to go,hence why I went. List in hand and card in my purse, I went in and did my shopping.

I stood in line, waiting and then put my things on the belt. I put a divider up after my stuff for the woman behind me with her child (had to have been 3 years old). The woman started putting things on the belt and looked at me and said "Soda's on sale for 88 cents."

She probaly noticed that I had a two liter of 7-Up (this was for my mom's tummy). I made small talk with her, with "Oh really? I'll remember that." I wasn't being sarcastic. I was kind of uncomfortable with a stranger just randomly talking to me.

Then, the child started screaming "I WANT COOKIES!! I WANT COOKIES!!!" ove rand over again. The mother looked at her and said "You will not get cookies because of how you have been behaving today."

The child continued screaming, even through my transaction, but the mother stood her ground and never bought her the cookies. She kept saying "No. Keep quiet. You have been acting bad today." She tried everything in her power to keep her quiet without giving in to the cookies.

Kudos!!!
    "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Finally! Something to restore my faith in humanity!! Even if its only a little bit. I'll forever call this event "A New Hope"!

Comment

Good, that's fantastic.

3 is about the age where you start learning how to behave in public, and soon enough the kid should stop throwing tantrums.

I consider myself to be patient in retail settings (when I'm the shopper), and I know that I used to throw fits at a certain age, but my mom always put her foot down and taught me how to behave.

Thank god for good parents.

Comment

Working...
      X