This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonderful movers!

I just wanted to take the time to praise the crew of movers that came to our house this morning!

I had told them that I needed to drop Daughter off at school, so any time after 8:30 I would be home. I got a call on my cell phone at 8:25 (when I was pulling into the driveway) and it was one of the movers, making sure I was there and saying they were about five minutes away.

Exactly at 8:30, they pulled up outside our house. There were four of them and they all introduced themselves to me and then one of them (I guess the foreman?) walked through the house with me so I could point out any piles or sections he should NOT be moving while the other three got blankets, dollies and all the stuff ready. We had put all the boxes and things that are going with *us* in one of the guest rooms, which is also where I had closed Kitty up, so they wouldn't have to worry about him being under foot.

The walk through only took about ten minutes and then they were ready to go. They were extremely well organized, very careful with all of our stuff (and it's not like this is heirloom stuff -- this is regular, ordinary furniture!) and so nice! They laid out a large tarp right in front of our door and were very careful to wipe their boots on it before walking into the house. I don't think they left a single speck of dirt anywhere in the house!

It only took them about two hours to get the entire house packed up and on the truck. They had an inventory list that the foreman went through with me and then he had me sign certain forms and such. He confirmed the address of the new house and what time he would be meeting Hubby there on Saturday morning and then they left.

They were gone by 11. They were so polite and helpful! I tried to help with some stuff and they just smiled at me and told me not to worry about it, I didn't need to be lifting boxes. I offered them soda and water and basically had to force them to accept something to drink! Even though it was just me and Kitty in the house, I was completely comfortable with them being there and they made me feel very comfortable about all my stuff.

So I just want to say thank you so much, Moving Crew. You were wonderful and I'm going to tell Hubby he needs to have doughnuts or something for you for breakfast when you get there Saturday. You made a day I was dreading go so smoothly I don't know what to do with myself!
    I am Wolverine.............and Wolverine does not do high kicks.

He was a hero to me....and heroes are not supposed to die.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!
Working...
X