Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some Customers Suck.... Others are F******* AWESOME!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Customers Suck.... Others are F******* AWESOME!

This is a praise for my customers! Because every now and then they do something that just totally renews my faith in humanity.

first was yesterday. It was a wonderful day. Everyone was nice, everyone was respectful. NO ONE pitched a fit when I said what could and couldnt go into the FR. And the language barrier which usually causes much problems between me and my non English speaking customers, was easily over come by hand motions. All the children stayed with their parents, those who didn't listened the FIRST time I told them to go find their parents. And none of the kids with little "Heelie" shoes (you know the ones with the wheel in the heel) ignored me when I said "You need not to sake around in the store.
    So thank you Ross Shoppers! You have made my day better. And go buy those kids some Ice Cream!

But this is the real story. it happened during my first several months at Dress for Less. As I mentioned in a previous post, I am hypoglycemic. So If I dont eat about every 2 1/2-3 hours.... I get pretty sick... and sometimes I'll even pass out.

One such occurrence happened in the fitting rooms. I was feeling a little icky so I called and asked for my break. I was told, "Give us 10 min and we'll have some one back there." So I waited... now when these attacks hit me, they hit me hard, my blood sugar does a little dance and then plummets. Like a rock....in a gravity field. So 15 min go buy and no one is there.... I'm dizzy at this point so I call again and mention I'm not feeling so hot. "It's really swamped up here. We'll have someone back as soon as we can! Just be PATIENT"

So I wait. 20 min goes buy... nothing... I am at the point where i am sitting on the floor cause I dont feel like I can stand up. the whole world is spinning and hazy.

This lady and her friend come back. I stand up and they ask me if I'm okay... I say I'm just feeling a little..... and then turn around run to the trash can and hark up what is left of my stomach... and then promptly collapse onto the floor. Lady and friend rush over to me... no I don't know where they got the chair... but I am in a chair. Lady 1 gets a cold paper towel and puts it on my forehead and Lady 2 starts handing out # for the fitting room.... and I'm about to cry... just from the over whelming niceness of this! They left their things in their cart and took CARE OF ME! holyfuckingshit! (that and I feel like a loser right now) well lady 1 asks if I can hold the towel my self... I say I think so, and she disappears while lady 2 is still handing out cards.
    Then a SV comes back to the FR and tells me to take my break NOW. so I stagger back to the break room after arguing with the code door for a while.... since I cant remember the code..... and eat.

I found out later from a CW that lady1 went up front where my manager was and said "Your Girl in the FR is Back there throwing up and passing out! YOU get someone back there for her NOW! Or I am Calling Corporate, the police, and OSHA on your ASS!" I wish I could have given her a hug!

Oh and in the end it took them 45 min from the time I called ((the second time)) to send someone back to cover my FUCKING break.... But... it never happened again. to this day i have never been more than 15 min late to go to break.

So thank you Lady 1 and 2. You are my hero's and I commend you for you Customer Awesome-itude. High praise from me who usually hates all forms of humanity. To this day the thought of you makes me smile.... and I'm sure it makes my managers cringe.

Thank you.
    "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
    -Red

That is truly awesome. It's a shame there aren't more people like that in the world.

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success.

Comment

Working...
    X