This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dark Done Right

The lights flickered around 7:30PM. There was a kind of collective gasp from everyone in our store, then a small cheer when they came back on, but were dimmer. I was freaked out, and ran up to the fitting room to hang around until I was sure it wouldn't go out. Well, about two minutes later, they flickered more and more, until they finally went dead. My first blackout.

Honestly, I expected bad things to happen when we had to start herding everyone up to the front. I grabbed a flashlight from the desk in the fitting room and helped redirect people, who all seemed a little confused. There was a huge crowd of customers with carts standing up by the registers, looking confused, while our lone manager (!) scrambled to figure out what to do, and sent me back to grab some cheap flashlights from Sporting Goods.

A few other Associates came with me, and we saw people still standing in aisles, trying to shop! I was amazingly happy that none tried to fight us when we informed them of where they needed to go, and meekly went to the front when instructed. Even when we came back and everyone was being ordered to leave the store, that we couldn't check them out, there was kinda a mumble from the crowd, a few questions, and they all just left. No fights, no nothing. When we were putting all the items in the carts back, one woman commented to me that it was the first time she had ever seen everyone just go without any fights.

So to all the customers at my store, good job! You behaved in a manner fitting of reasonable, sane adults. You all get a gold star and an extra smile from me tomorrow.
    Last edited by Arwyn Q; 03-28-2009, 03:23 AM.
Working...
X