Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wherein I'm rewarded for something people should be doing anyway.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherein I'm rewarded for something people should be doing anyway.

I was at my favorite Subway today. It's my favorite for a reason. The staff is always polite. The assistant manager (AM in this story) is cute, but that's merely a side bonus.

I'm greeted by one of the other managers who knows my usual order. Today I go with something different and order one of my favorite premium sandwiches. I go to check out and find it odd that I'm charged about a dollar less than what I usually pay for it.

I wait for a lull in business before I step up to the cash register.
    Me: This is going to sound a little weird, but I found it odd that my total came up to about a dollar less than what you usually charge me. I know it's not a large amount, but I don't want your drawer to be short.
    AM: I took 10% off your meal.
    Me: Thank you, but why? I wouldn't think I'd be that special to deserve it.
    AM: You're one of our regulars and you're always polite.
    Me: Thank you. I thought I should clear it with you just in case it was a mistake.

I feel obligated now to submit a comment on their website. I think a good chunk of those comments they see are negative. I'll conveniently leave out the detail about the discount to avoid any potential problems. I don't want anyone getting in trouble.
    Last edited by Mr Hero; 06-04-2009, 08:46 PM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

You get good stuff when you're nice. That's how it should be.

Comment

that sounds a bit like a local burger place I go to... I have never asked for a discount, nor have I ever received one... but I've noticed quite a few times when the counter person has 'accidentally' given me a larger size drink than what I've paid for our 'accidentally' gives a free upsize on fries. One day I asked why when I didn't see him do that for any other regulars, and his response was "because you're the only one who doesn't demand them".
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

So I made good on my promise in my original post and left a comment for the store just after I made that edit. I went in today and wow. Just wow. My favorite AM takes my order and then rings me up only to find out she comped my sammich! I still had to pay for chips and a drink, but still a free sandwich is great. She then thanked me for the comment I left, and handed me two vouchers for free 6-in subs.

Since she happens to be the same lady from here next logical step would be to only use a voucher when she's cashiering and write my number on the voucher before handing it over to her.

If I had to write a book on getting reduced prices at places, THIS would be the type of advice I offer with a disclaimer at the front of the book advising readers that it's important not to expect or demand free stuff but when it is given, accept graciously.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
        X