This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• many thanks are in order tonight

First off, thank you Delta for actually giving us the hour's warning you are supposed to give us before stranding a group larger than 8 people.
    Second, Ms. Translator Lady... you are my fucking hero. The canceled flight was to Mexico City and you were one of two people who knew both English and Spanish well enough to translate and you were the only one who volunteered to stay in the lobby to assist in translating for me. If you weren't already getting a free room (well, paid for by Delta) I would so comp your room for that.
    Ms. Translator Lady needs to be thanked also for organizing all the guests for their food order on the vouchers, I'm sure L over at Dominoes appreciated all the help you provided him as well with the order.
    Third, swing shift girl, you for once rock, it was nice to come in and have fore warning about the coming rush and see already nice neat stacks of keys, nicely organized by room type and floor. That made the horrific process that we went through with the swarm of passengers a little bit easier.
    And one that, while the smallest of touches, meant a lot, L at Dominoes... you are my new best friend. When he came in with the order for all the distressed passengers he apologized that even though he knew that really this should be enough to completely fill a punch card, since it had all come in as only one call he could only punch the card once. Of course I said that was OK... rules are rules, whether or not we like them. Then he set a box of hot wings on the counter and said "when I was here earlier you guys looked busy as hell, I saw you guys trying to get that group in, I don't know how you guys kept it together. I can't go so far as to give you the extra punches or a free pizza, but damnit, we're busy, that was a large order, and what do you know, I grabbed one too many boxes of hot wings." I know it was just a small gesture, but it meant a lot. Thank you.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

I must agree with you that L at Dominoes decidedly rocked.

I don't eat at Dominoes, but something like that might sway me at times.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
    X