This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Love You, DSL Extreme

So, I have finally ditched Earthlink (you can read about that over HERE), and am now getting Internet from DSL Extreme.

Today was the day we were hooked up, and we came home to find a little difficulty connecting through their service.

Nekojin dialed up the customer service line to see about getting things straightened out so we could enjoy decent Internet service.

At the beginning of the call was an announcement about an area outage. I love this. Every provider should do this. Outages are never any fun, but if you are told about them before waiting for half an hour on hold, it's much less stressful.

Once a tech came on the line, it was on to the business of getting ourselves properly connected.

I could tell within moments, that this tier 1 tech from DSL Extreme actually knew how to set up a connection. They first went over his network settings, which were tweaked slightly but still no connection. Then it was on to the modem. Again there were a couple of setting changes, but still no connection. Finally, if was time to peruse the router settings. After just a couple more changes, we were connected!

It was just so nice to deal with a technical support person who actually knew how to provide technical support and wasn't just following a script. He was friendly, helpful, knew what he was doing, and it was downright refreshing after what we've been dealing with for the last several years.

So, Mr DSL Extreme tech support guy, thank you for proving that there are still people out there who take the "tech" part of their job titles seriously.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
    So, Mr DSL Extreme tech support guy, thank you for proving that there are still people out there who take the "tech" part of their job titles seriously.

^-.-^
    I feel a Bud Light radio ad coming on...~Mister Dee-Ess-Ell Textreme tech supo~o~ort guuuuyy~
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

My favorite ISP was rapid systems in tampa.
      cheap access and really nice people to talk to.
      I like that Static IP addresses are standard.
      made hosting games easy.
      I wish I could get them up here.

Comment

Working...
      X