This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Patient

As you may know I work in an old folks home.

Today I was busy with a patient when one of my colleagues calls me on the phone and says that another patient thinks I have taken the clicker from the day room even though the clicker is there and she's shown the patient several times. The patient is very upset along with another she's talking with.

I was annoyed because I hadn't taken anything from the day room so when I finished with my immmediate patient I went to the day room and found the secondary patient and explained to her that I hadn't taken the clicker, in fact it was lying right there on the table.

She took me by the hand and said "Don't worry about it dear, some of the people here are dement and don't know what they're saying. I mean even I can't remember what happened yesterday!! It's no big deal!".

That made me feel better and it turns out it was another patient who is a little dement was the one worried about the clicker so I showed it to her and she still thought there was something missing so I just left her. There was nothing more I could do.

She was fine 20 minutes later when I wheeled her to the dinner table.

Anyway, the second patiend who was so kind really made my day. Thanks for that!!
    It's been a long, long, long, long time...
Working...
X