Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ladies at Subway and the really bad day (long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ladies at Subway and the really bad day (long)

A little backstory, I was driving my kids up to Norman, Ok. to meet their grandmother, who they are spending the summer with when one of the worst things ever happened. My car broke down. Luckily, we were at a rest stop just south of Fort Worth when the fuel pump went out. So, this is partly to thank all the nice people who made sure we had something cold to drink until help arrived, and partly to tell the world about how nice the ladies were at the Subway I ate at while getting the car towed back to Copperas Cove, Tx. Yeah, it was a fun day all around.

To start off I pulled into the rest stop so munchkins and I could take a quick break, and stretch a bit. We got back to the car and it would not start for anything. The time is now 11:00 am. There was a nice older couple there as well. They gave us each a bottle of ice cold water and a snack bar and loaned us a phone as mine decided not to work to call for help.
    My phone started working again only to get a call from the person I had called saying that his truck had broken down and he had to go back for his roommates truck. He had made it to Temple, so he was only about 30 minutes from home but since he had to take it really slow back to keep from having to tow his own truck, you see where this is going? It is now close to 12:30 pm.
    I get a call from my mother she is on her way down to us but needs to know where we are. We spot a sign and tell her everything is says so she can find us. She has just hit the Texas boarder and will still be a couple hours, try to hold on. 1:00 pm, and it's getting hot.
    A very nice man stops and goes over the car as best he can, he tells me what is wrong and that if he had the time and parts he would fix it but since he is driving his family to some event he cannot. He does however give us all a soda and another snack bar and another bottle of water each. This was at 2:00.
    Help finally arrives in the form of both mom and boyfriend close to 5:00. Mom takes munchkins and they head North for vacation. Boyfriend and I tow car to nearby parking lot for more room to attach a tow bar. We had to stop at a Wal-Mart to get the tow bar, where a nice manager fixed the price to what was on a tiny little sticker that I did not even see. I saw a Subway as we were going out the door.
    I go in to the Subway and call my boyfriend to find out what he wants while he takes our stuff to the truck. The two ladies working there were so patient with me while I sat back away from the counter to make sure I knew what to order before going up to begin the order. They were so nice the whole time I was there. One of them was cleaning near the soda fountain, and she kept saying that she was sorry it was so dirty, it wasn't, and that she would be out of my way in just a second, again she wasn't in my way. I never thought sweet tea could taste so good. I had been out in the heat for most of the day and was starting to get a bit loopy. Both of the ladies that worked there asked me if I was ok before I left the store, and both said that they hoped my day went better from there. I took my boyfriend his sandwich and could not help smiling, even though the day had been rough all the way around.
    And just to make the day even better, on the way back we stop at a truck stop where the lady gave me a piece of fudge to go with the sodas I bought for the drive. So to all the nice people in Texas, I am so glad I moved here. And to all the soldiers at Fort Hood (my boyfriend is one) thank you for everything, there are a couple of them who are going to fix my car when I get the parts for it. Then getting home, the kittens I have been waiting for, mama cat was in no hurry to have them, were being born, seven very cute little balls of fur.
    Thank you all for reading, and again to all who stopped or helped in any way at all.
Working...
X