This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $20 Bag of chips

I was standing in line to pay for my lunch order today at the local Sheets. They have one of those barrier things set up to herd the cattle to the cashiers in an orderly fashion, and I was at the front of the non existent line (the community college where I work has a mass exodus at 12 for lunch, I was lucky and beat the rush).

Anyway, a young boy, maybe 8 or 9, jumps the line to pay for a bag of chips. I didn't mind as I was in no hurry. The boy throws down a 20, and runs back out to where his dad was, without waiting for his change.

The cashier calls back, "Hey, don't you want your change?" The boy turned around and said sure, and the cashier rang it up properly. "This is a lot of change," he told the boy.

I couldn't help but smile. Boy, that was an awfully expensive bag of chips.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

That was a really cute story.
    ......../\
    ....../__\
    ..../\...../\
    ../__\../__\

Comment

I love when the concept of money hasnt hit yet

"You mean you're giving me ALL THAT for that ONE BILL I gave you? WOW!"
      Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
        I love when the concept of money hasnt hit yet

"You mean you're giving me ALL THAT for that ONE BILL I gave you? WOW!"
        My mom likes to tell me about how I once got into an argument with the cashier because I wanted both my money and the candy bar. Took me a while to get it.

Comment

Little kids do that all the time at work. They come up for an icecream cone and take off like bats outta heck once they get it. Money? What's money?

Comment

Quoth Jack View Post
            My mom likes to tell me about how I once got into an argument with the cashier because I wanted both my money and the candy bar. Took me a while to get it.
            My dad told me that a great cashier, in a similar situation, had placated me by giving me FOUR SHINY COINS in exchange for one lousy piece of paper, and I also got my icecream. And apparently they also gave me, as a bonus gift, an old 1 Italian Lira piece (which will have been worth about... hmm... comparing with prices at the time... half an Euro Cent).
            FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

Working...
            X