This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the nurses at my hospital...

You probably know me as the girl who staggered in holding her fiance up because he was having a severe hypoglycaemic episode. I just want to say thank you for everything you did for us both. Yes, he was an absolute mardy-arsed sod for most of the time he was there, but you still treated him so well. You brought his memory back so he was able to recognise me and his father again. You saved his life, of that I have no doubt. For this, I sincerely thank you.

With regards to me, I want to thank you for not getting impatient when I started crying. I want to thank you for reassuring me that he was going to be ok, and for explaining things to me properly and clearly.

I want to thank you for saving the love of my life, and making everything we dreamed of possible again just as I thought it had all been lost and ruined.

Thank you for everything

Clearly the nurses knew your fiance was not himself, and didn't take it personally.

Clearly they saw how upset you were, and understood why.

It's moments like this, that make me proud of my profession
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

There is a reason the heroine of my novels is a nurse.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I bet he feels all stupid about it too. Mardy? new word for me...
        I'm glad that not only was your boyfriend alright, but also that professionals (who are so often rightly jaded) were kind and compassionate to both of you.
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Working...
        X