Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To that guy who called me four times yesterday...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To that guy who called me four times yesterday...

...THANK YOU for being such a good sport!

I was the primary on the lines for that account yesterday (slow times anyway) so I got all his calls myself.

First call was regular, he wanted information about a certain item we have on sale, how long will the sale last (until we run out of that item, it is an end-of-line sale, but that is not specified on the website), if purchasing the item on sale amongst others will still allow him to the shipping discount we offer (it does), if he can pay by Credit Card (Credit Card *only*, actually), how many of those items he can buy in a single transactions (three)... regular stuff, the customer was polite, no problem.

Then he calls again - his online purchase didn't go through. He says he buys online regularly, I go through all the steps with him, he seems puzzled but actually somehow amused when I tell him that apparently there is an issue with his card.

He calls for the third time, asking if it would be possible that I process the purchase for him because he had an error message again. It is, I do, and... still the same message. I start to explain that there might be a credit limit on his card (he says he has already checked this) or something of the kind and advise to go speak to his bank. He still seems quite amused at the whole issue, apparently he finds the fact that his Credit Card is somehow not accepted really funny. I actually ended up googling his name - he is a hot-shot lawyer in a big city. Not that he pulled the legal card with me once, he always introduced himself as [Firstname] [Lastname], no titles, no "I should know this, I am a lawyer" crap.

He calls AGAIN. And this is to be reported.
    Me: [spiel]
    Him: "Hi [Cemetery Cecil], it's [name] again, your pain in the a** for today"
    Me: "Good afternoon Mr. [name], so, could you solve your issue with your bank?"
    Him: "No, I solved it with my brain. Because, you know, I am dumb"
    Me: "I wouldn't say so, Sir"
    Him: "No, no, I am, believe me! See that "T" in my VAT code? It was a "7", and that was screwing everything up as the authorisation didn't come through. Please close the ticket with the "Customer is dumb" resolution, sorry for having wasted lots of your time, at least I hope you'll have a laugh on me"

...which is what I am doing. Props to him for the spirit!
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

O__O A lawyer who can admit he's wrong? And is totally chill about the entire process?? And fixed his own problem???
    there is hope...
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

The really powerful people don't need to become an SC. They already know they have the power to move things and don't need to fake it with screaming.

When I was still doing IT-training the fresh into middle management guys were the worst. All puffed up and full of it. Upper management and C-level guys were laid back and training almost always was fun.
      No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
        O__O A lawyer who can admit he's wrong? And is totally chill about the entire process?? And fixed his own problem???
        there is hope...
        I guess I should propoes him for the Nobel Peace Prize. I guess that he might even be HONEST!
        Quoth BeeMused View Post
        The really powerful people don't need to become an SC. They already know they have the power to move things and don't need to fake it with screaming.
        That's true.
        FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

Working...
        X