This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My boss made me want to cry!

I am still in awe of the man I work for now. I just am shocked at how generous he is.

We had set up the backdrops and equipment for the first day of underclass photos at a school when a teacher came down to ask about a girl in the senior class getting her picture taken. The girl was in foster care and couldn't afford the more expensive in studio packages we do or the regular in school portraits so the teacher wanted to see what we could do.

My boss told her to have the student come down and he photographed her himself and set her up with some very nice photos giving her the most expensive package for free.

I'm just so proud to be working for him and for him to act like it was no big deal was wonderful. In comparison to where I used to work this is a huge change I'm still surprised that I work for someone who works with us and works longer hours then the rest of us. I'm so glad I got the job and work for this company.
    Last edited by Squeaksmyalias; 09-10-2010, 11:35 PM. Reason: Fixed a couple words
    I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

That sounds awesome. Im glad youre in a better job situation.

Comment

Aw he sounds wonderful and probably made that girl's whole year.
      Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

That was very kind of him. The world needs more people like that.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

That is so nice, especially given that (correct me if I'm wrong), but doesn't he work basically on spec? Goes in and takes all those pictures on the hope that parents will want pictures of their preciouses?

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
            That is so nice, especially given that (correct me if I'm wrong), but doesn't he work basically on spec? Goes in and takes all those pictures on the hope that parents will want pictures of their preciouses?
            We get a contract with the school system, or sometimes just the school. We get extra money if kid's parent's buy different packages, he pretty much lost money on it. He took more photos and the size of the package she got cost more than what he would have made if we just did the year book and ID photo.

The girl was thrilled she couldn't stop grinning. I was excited for her she was a total sweet heart. It was her own little photo shoot, she had a personal photographer and three girl's helping to make sure she looked awesome.
            I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

we have a correspondent on our local news station that highlights good AND bad employers.

if you have one, this might not be a bad employer to have a spotlight shown on (bad in the way that hes awesome and deserves excessive business)

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                we have a correspondent on our local news station that highlights good AND bad employers.

if you have one, this might not be a bad employer to have a spotlight shown on (bad in the way that hes awesome and deserves excessive business)
                I think he deserves the attention, but I think the EWs would ruin everything, they would want tons of pictures of their little darlings, and try to claim no money. From what I've heard we have that enough already.

It be more of a possibility for me to rat out my old boss.....She tortured me too much for me to want to be kind and let that go. I'm trying to be the bigger person but it's hard!

Comment

dude being a bigger person sucks, be like me. I'm a little person. A little sexy person.

(edit: dont be like me)

Also, it could be phrased that your employer has helped out "charitable causes" and is "giving back to the community"

both of which are true. Less EW's, maybe? (i can dream)
                  Last edited by Whiskey; 09-11-2010, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Yes whatever you do, don't mention the free photos..or every EW in the area will expect them. I agree with Whiskey 'helping charitable causes' and 'giving back to the community' are perfect.
                    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Yea, free photos tends to draw out the vampires . So far I haven't had to deal with those yet. I'm so glad.

Comment

What a great boss.
                        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Aw, that makes me want to cry too. What a sweet man.
                          Is it really SO hard to listen to the prompts?

Comment

Working...
                          X