Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone who'll actually cover my shift!

Almost 2 years ago, one of my coworkers switched departments. Which means that her Sunday-Wednesday shift came up for grabs. No one wanted it. It's 7 hours on Sunday, 12 each on Monday & Tuesday, and 9 on Wednesday. Since no one wanted it (because everyone wanted weekends off... standard shift is Mon-Fri) and I was the newest peon, I got stuck with it.

Now, I bargained with my manager since I was getting stuck with it (my work is reimbursing me for my home internet and I work over half of my hours from home instead of just Sunday) but is still sucks because it's almost impossible for me to get time off, because no one wants to cover Sundays.

Until now...

One of my coworkers just got back from Maternity Leave and she wants any of my Sundays that I'll giver her, and is willing to swap Thursdays for them, so I actually get 2 Sundays off at the beginning of October and 2 off at the beginning of November! This means that I can actually go to a couple of conventions and maybe visit a friend in Texas!

*happy dance*
    "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show
Working...
X