This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newport News Melting Pot

On Friday I was having a little girls night out with three of my friends and we planned on going to the Melting Pot for drinks and chocolate fondue, I failed to plan ahead and make a reservation, I figured we could sit at the bar and have drinks if there was a long wait, I completely forgot that they can serve fondue at the bar. We all got there around 8:00 and had to wait until about 9:00, the bar was totally full, we checked again at 8:15 and it was still totally full so we just decided to park our butts on the rather comfy seats that they had and pass the time by catching up. After a while a big group left the bar so we wandered over and took their seats, we were still deciding on drinks when the hostess came to find us about a minute later.

We got our table, a little later then expected but good moods and smiles all around. The manager popped over to apologize for the wait, I confessed that I hadn't thought ahead. He decided to comp our drinks, before we had even ordered, didn't really change our orders but we could have really racked up a bar tab. I was especially surprised since we had already confessed that we were only getting cheese and chocolate, not dinner, but hey I'm not about to turn down a free drink, especially since their drinks are rather tasty and about $7.00 a piece.

Good times were had by all and soon shall happen again.
Working...
X