This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for thanks

A customer rang in today to spreak to a colleague F.

C: Can I speak to F please. It's regarding a complaint she's been helping with.
    Me: I'm afraid she isn't in today. Can I help you? <I was braced for another sc thrwing a hissy fit>
    C: No I was just calling to thank her for all her hard work and the flowers she sent as an apology. They were the loveliest flowers I have seen in years. Please pass this along to everyone else in your team as well. I know you have a hard job with horrible idiots calling you all day so I thought I'd prove to your that some of us appreciate you.

It was sooo nice to have an actual thank you rather than an "it's about time you fixed this". She even called back the next day to make sure she could thank F in person.

The great thing is this thank you gets added to the personal file for F so she has a better chance of a pay rise/promotion/bonus.

Nice to know some people appreciate such gestures instead of assuming they're a cynical move.

Rapscallion

Comment

Whaaaa? Something positive being added to a file? That rocks!
      This adds another twiggy bit to the fire under my heart currently keeping it from freezing in this dry cold...
      Of course, occasional small discounts, if applicable, couldn't hurt said person, would it? >.> To encourage future behavior...
      EDIT: also, to
      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

that really gave me the warm fuzzies
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I don't believe it. I think my brain stalled out for a moment or two.
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
          X