This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line cutter pwned

Picture me waiting on a lady at the pharmacy, and there is another lady in line a few feet behind her, waiting patiently. Another customer approaches, and mind, she had already interrupted me earlier to ask where the Dulcolax was. She then slaps said product down onto the counter, paying no mind to the woman I am currently trying to have a conversation with, and says I can ring that up for her. I politely point out that I'd be happy to, but that another customer was in line before her, and pointed to the lady waiting in the line. LC has some kind of ancient body language conversation with said lady, who says it's ok if she goes ahead of her, but kind of rolls her eyes all the same. Oh! That's right, there's this poor, slightly pissed off woman at my counter still, isn't there? While LC is standing there practically breathing down her neck, my customer calmly takes her Rx bag from me and tells me she's going to open it and look inside to make sure it's the right pills, which is no biggie, and we actually encourage this as we'd rather know for sure a patient has the right stuff before they pay for and possibly consume said meds.

LC: "Ooohhuuuggggh, I'm not waiting this long to get rung up, no way, this is just ugh!"

She continues griping and moaning in Gollumesque style as she slowly snatches up the product and starts shuffling away, complaining that she shouldn't have to and doesn't wait to wait. My customer is still calmly and slowly opening the Rx bag and examining the pills inside as she says the following -

"Well . . . I'm soooooorrry, but the world doesn't revolve around what you want!"

She then confirms that we did in fact give her the right pills, hands the bag back to me, and smiles, very satisfied with herself.

"You're not allowed to say that, but I can."

Oh, if only more people would act like her
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

The only addition I'd make is to count the pills in each container...Onlyfor accuracies sake of course mind you...

Comment

Quoth Calvin St.Hobbes View Post
      The only addition I'd make is to count the pills in each container...Onlyfor accuracies sake of course mind you...
      And we know what would happen as the sweet lady is carefully counting her pills.

LC: "Ooohhuuuggggh, I'm not waiting this long to get rung up, no way, this is just ugh!"
      SL: "Well, now you've made me lose count! I'll have to start over! One...two...three..."
      LC:
      SL:

Couldn't happen to a more deserving person.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

We need to clone the good customer that set the other in their place. Many more of them are needed in the world.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

She was probably in some kind of retail herself, if not now, certainly earlier. What a wonderful customer.
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I love that woman.
            Check out http://thegeneralpublicsucks.blogspot.com/ for all of my encounters with the amazing General Public!

Comment

Working...
            X