This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome parent!

Had a couple parents bring their child into the lobby so the young girl could pay for WiFi access to the room. The mom made sure she said "thank you" and everything.

Then, they stepped out, and were discussing travel plans the next day. Apparently, Mom is going to show Daughter how to look up driving directions to the Mart of Wall and how to plan their trip.

I think it's awesome when a parent turns little tasks into learning experiences for their kids!
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

I had a guy bring his kid to buy a candy bar, dad leaned on the ATM while kid brought the money up kept looking over at dad, handed me candy bar, I told him price, he paid, I handed him his change back, and said thank you, kid turns to dad, dad goes. "What did you forget?" at which that point kid yells thank you while ripping into his candy bar.

I was kind of shocked, I'm so used to I WANT IT NOWWWWWWWWWWWWW.
    I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

I was in a King of Burgers the other day and this kid walked past us and said right out loud, didn't even mumble, "Excuse me." He went up to his dad and his Dad put his arm around him and said, "You know, that's really cool that you said 'excuse me' to those young ladies over there." Kid looked up at him and gave this GIANT smile and said, "I know."

We were so surprised!

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post

I think it's awesome when a parent turns little tasks into learning experiences for their kids!
        Friend of mine does that with his kids. I find it very cool. I should advise that the aforementioned kids are not exactly Damien and Rosemary's Baby. Or even Junior in the Problem Child movies.
        Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

Polite little kids are the best. They were some of my favorite people to wait on at my last job.

Comment

Working...
          X