This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ladies at Michael's

So today on the way to get my bus pass I stopped at a Michael's to get some fabric. As I looked around I didn't see any so I asked and sure enough they don't sell fabric.
    But I noticed some yard so I figured I check out the knitting and crocheting things cause I'd been wanting to learn. So I go up to one of the ladies and ask her which is easier and she said, as a crocheter, crocheting is easiest but knitter would say the same about knitting.
    Anyways so I go and look at the crochet hooks (cause that's what I saw first) and grab a random hook and go ask the crochet lady if that's the size I'd need for the yarn I'd grabbed. She says something about a different size and I go get a bigger hook. When I go back o ask if that one was right there's another lady talking with her and she mentions that the yarn will say what size I need and we look at the yarn label. The first hook was the right size. The whole time they were patient and pleasant with my newbie questions. I'll be going yet the next time I need more craft supplies.
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

I knit and crochet so neither one is really easier for me but I like knitting better. I have found some super awesome designs and patterns and like with sewing I can somehow magically take a pattern and use a different stitch and it still come out right and look super cool Plus it is really neat to be using 7 or 8 double pointed needles at once on a project while you are waiting on your next class at college and all the youngsters look at you and ooh and ahh and try and figure out how you are doing what you are doing.

Comment

Working...
    X