This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to account support

...At a tiny little video game company named after another word for "snowstorm"...probably never heard of 'em. I think they made this game called Land of FightCraft or something ~_~

Anyhoo...I login to my email this AM and I have a "please verify your email account" message from these guys...Addressed to my email, but to a name I've never heard of (read: probable spammer who got my email addy off of a list). I called in to account support, was on hold for all of ten seconds (at 10am on a Sunday, no less!), and they got it cleared up for me right away. They deleted the fake account, and suggested that I set up my own there (just to prevent the email from being used), add a Security code to it (for free), and change the pasword on my email, juuuust in case, which I did. Five minutes from start to finish, painless and friendly. Almost makes me feel bad that the last game I played by them came out in the 90's (although I am awaiting the "soon"-to-come sequel with bated breath) x.x

Awesome ^_^
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

And yet people constantly complain that "Snowstorm"'s support for Land of FightCraft is terrible.

Tho I suppose they open on things they shouldn't, and thus need a whole wack of stuff done to fix their accounts.

For anyone that says "on a Sunday it shouldn't take long" keep in mind peak times for this game are weekends, and with varying time zones, I daresay account support is run ragged all the time.

Comment

Well I just happened to call something like half an hour after they opened. I guess I lucked out ^_^

CubeSoft support, on the other hand -- when I was playing "No really, this is the last Fantasy XI" -- was pretty slooowwww to get to you. For some reason, they used your "original CC info" as the security measure whenever possible...Even if said card had expired and been replaced, they still wanted the detailed info from the original >_>
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
      X