This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrades for Yankees Game

Went to the Yankees game last night (7/30 against O's). Great game. Utter domination. 17-3 My sister arranged a trip with her work and my parents and I went.

My sister and I stayed on the bus with her friend and her friend's friend (J). We got fairly drunk, walked to a bar across the street, got more drunk, then went to the game. J saw someone we knew and my sister noticed he worked for the Yankees. She explained how she wasn't told when she got the tickets that group rates don't apply on weekends and he scored us tickets to the Mohegan Sun Sports Bar. It's this gorgeous bar on the first level, center field. It's right there.

I was hanging with J and she was saying how it would be awesome to some day be able to actually sit down in there (the seats are kind of expensive). I talked to a waitress and BAM, scored us two seats. J was quite pleased.

I'll tell you, the staff at Yankees stadium are damn awesome. Very friendly, helpful. Sucks I can't go to another game this year.
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

So, wait, you got two scores?
    shit, son! How awesome is that??
    (and yeah... stinks not being able to go. Work?)
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
      So, wait, you got two scores?
      shit, son! How awesome is that??
      (and yeah... stinks not being able to go. Work?)
      Back to Afghanistan.
      "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
        Back to Afghanistan.
        [wry smile] Always good for getting a sense of proportion when I think I'm having a shitty day at the office...

Comment

Working...
        X