This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New shoes and a mended finger.

Thanks to the lovely sales guy at Cotswold Outdoor in London who not only helped me find some very comfy shoes, but also insisted on getting some antiseptic and plasters (band aids) when I managed to catch a cuticle and started bleeding.
    I didn't notice it had happened until I saw a smear on the shoes I'd just tried on and luckily had decided to buy!

So thanks again for sticking me back together

(I finally got the Vibram 5 fingers I've been after for a while... Two pairs!)
    Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Now that's service.
    I wonder if they are a parent?
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Oooh, man, you're in for a treat. I don't know how I ever got by without my Vibrams. What kind did you get? I have a pair of KSO's. I want to get a pair for hiking...those are Treks, I think.

Best freaking shoes, ever.

Comment

I get my toe shoes Monday I love vibrams

Comment

I got Classics for general wandering about & KSO for the gym (hopefully, they said there shouldn't be a problem wearing them, but they want to see them first!)

I had my first outing in the classics today & boy were they comfy! I've always been happier barefoot & lately with my odd joints, I've been finding shoes a pain after a while.

I was very concious of wearing them, so I think I was holding myself stiffly while I was walking, but I'm sure I'll get over that quickly. They are fantastic shoes, just wish they weren't so darn expensive over here
          Arp happens!

Comment

You'll get used to the feeling after a while. I am barefoot most of the time, so as soon as I got used to feeling of fabric between my toes (on me, about fifteen minutes into the first time I wore them), I completely forget about them. I mean, I know I'm wearing them because the ground feels different, but the self consciousness of them fades completely away.

Untill someone says, and they always do, "you have those cool shoes! Do you like them? I'm thinking of buying a pair mysef!"

Just beware of this: Since I am barefoot so much, I actually do have a sense that my feet are protected when I'm wearing them...and they are...except one thing: they will not save you from stubbing your toe. Personally, I get lulled into a false sense of security and have to remember that no, I'm NOT really wearing shoes. I broke my toe wearing mine once, stepping carelessly and stubbing my toe. So be aware of that.

Comment

Funnily enough, the first thing out of my friends mouth on the day I bought them was.. "nice, but watch you don't stub your toes"

Thanks for the tip though, that it one thing I will have to watch, toe stubbing is a regular occurrence with me. Heck, who am I kidding, I'm just totally accident prone!
              Arp happens!

Comment

Quoth Cazzi View Post
                ... toe stubbing is a regular occurrence with me...
                When I was a kid it seemed my toes were *supposed* to look like diced beets.
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Well, see, the problem is the nubby little "toe pads" on the shoes, I think they might catch on things your toes might slide off of, because they have a little grippy texture on them. The way I smacked my toe when I broke it, honestly I probably would have broken it anyways had I been barefoot. I don't think the shoes made it worse. But they sure didn't make it better. So be careful!

Comment

I'll be as careful as I can be; my HMS can come with a nice dose of lack of spacial awareness at times, so yeah, I'm a klutz! My latest arm bruise came from sitting on a windjammer at the gym

I'm hoping these shoes make it a little less likely me tripping over my own feet/absolutely nothing but time will tell

But thanks for worrying
                    Arp happens!

Comment

Oh my! Take care of yourself.
                      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Small update:

After wearing the Classics to break my toes in (figuratively speaking), I had a gym session in the KSO's. I noticed a difference straight away, I was getting a little less pain in my legs walking on the treadmill and I found I could up the speed a little from a max of about 4.5km/hr to almost 5km/hr! (I have short little legs )

Then I got a blister on my heel!
                        But, every pair of shoes I have ever had has caused a blistered heel

Those shoes started quite a conversation in the gym, I've been asked several times where they are from & one of the trainers spotted them with a "Cool shoes, my friends bringing me some over from the states"
                        Arp happens!

Comment

Working...
                        X