This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome Client

So I've been absolutely SLAMMED in orders lately, for some of the most random stuff. One particular order was for, I kid you not, 400 headline graphics. Basically prettyfied text, but unfortunately I had to modify each other specifically, so it wasn't simple cut/paste/bam.

Cue Awesome Customer. He emails me about a custom website design, and I explain my current workload. Not only was he willing to wait, but he put a down deposit right then and there, and told me to take my time, he understood how crazy work can get. I gave him a week estimate, and he said cool.

Well unfortunately I went a couple of days past the week deadline, but he was cool about it, said it was fine, and was just...extremely pleasant to deal with.

When I finally did manage to get to his project, I was so happy with how nice he was, that I got the website design done in half the time, and even gave him a surprise deal on some extra graphics he decided he wanted. He was ecstatic over the design, and was super excited about the deal when he looked at the invoice.

All in all, was really nice to deal with someone like this over such a hectic time lately. Wish I had a hundred more like him, lol.

...Wait, no I don't, I can't handle the workload right now
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

How wonderful.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
      He was ecstatic over the design, and was super excited about the deal when he looked at the invoice.
      Methinks it's time to bust out a new line item: "Awesome Customer Discount" ^_^
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
      X