This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Five Awesome Co-Workers

People who have been reading my threads for a while know how I feel about the pub. I hate the place. I hate the management, I hate some of the co-workers and I hate the customers. It was this time last year that I walked out, and going back into that was one of the most difficult decisions I have ever made. And when I worked out that I was going to have to work EXTRA at the pub this summer, I felt horrible.

Much of the pub has not changed. The management are still the exact same. Many of the old co-workers are still unbelievably entitled and believe that everyone around them owes them a favour. The customers are still as disgusting and evil as ever.

This weekend was basically my last shift until Christmas. This weekend I am back to my little day shifts during the week, as the schools are back, and I am needed back in the office.

So why the hell am I going to miss the place?

The Five Awesome Co-Workers.

They really have made such a difference this summer. They have actually given me a better summer than I could have hoped for. Let’s describe them. I will simply number them.

ACW1: He’s a student, and will be going back to uni in a couple of weeks. He is very witty and is awesome at his job. There was talk of him getting moved up into management. God knows they need a good manager.

ACW2: He is ACW1’s best friend. He is very, very friendly. Everyone wants to be his best friend. I get on very well with him, and people have openly admitted that they are jealous that I am close friends with him. He is also departing for university, but he is debating commuting so he can stay in the area during the weekends.

ACW3: The girl of the group (really don’t want that to sound sexist) She is very sweet and funny. She is very new to bar work, but she also puts a massive amount of effort into her work.

ACW4: The baby of the group. He has literally just turned 18, and this is his first ever bar job. He is very naive about everything, but is also the most hilarious person I have ever met.

ACW5: I knew him right before I left last year. The two of us have just started to get on really well, as we have discovered that we are both massive Doctor Who geeks.

So those are the five awesome co-workers. Working a shift with any of them on duty is always a breeze, because they always jump to help you out. Some of the older co-workers simply stand and watch people struggle, as they don’t want it to interfere with their cup of tea.

They are all very funny, and will make you smile. They also love beer, so whenever you finish your shift, there is always one waiting for you at the end of the bar from one of them.

The management love them as well, and they thankfully haven’t been doing anything to piss them off. Like I said, there were rumours of ACW1 being made management, and other ones being moved up as well. Unfortunately this has gathered a hostile response from the co-workers who have been there longer. They honestly believe that you get promoted based on how long you have been there, not how hard you work.

So yeah, that’s quick run down of what they are like. And Sunday was my last shift with them. They are throwing me a goodbye party on Wednesday, even though I am not leaving. I just won’t be working with them for a while.

The six of you need to find an equity partner and open your own pub.

You also need to find a very big, bad ass bouncer to throw out the SCs.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
      The six of you need to find an equity partner and open your own pub.

You also need to find a very big, bad ass bouncer to throw out the SCs.
      I second that! You might even end up taking the good customers away from your current bar and driving them out of business!
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Oh, hey, you could totally snap up the building that the skanky bar used to operate out of and use that.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Friends make everything better. I am so glad you found some.
          "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
          "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

You are very lucky to have co-workers who not only step up to the plate to help you when needed, but are also friendly and personable. And there's 5 of them ? I'm very envious. Hang on to them for dear life. They are a rarity these days.
            Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

I'm glad you had them to make your time back at the pub tolerable.

Comment

Working...
              X