This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Real Estate Agent

As some of you know, I'm buying a house, and after a long six months, it's finally in the bag. Money has changed hands, documents have been signed, and we should have the keys in hand by Friday.

The real estate people we're using were recommended by a co-worker who has used them, had a close friend of hers use them, and recommends them to absolutely everybody. The co-worker is currently looking for a new place through them, another co-worker is looking for a place through them, and the bosslady's nephews are looking for a place through them.

Everything has been a breeze because they are so on top of everything.

The main agents, Karen and Leslie, showed us a couple of places, got a feel for what we were looking for and how much we wanted to spend and where we wanted to be, and a week later had found a place that is as close as we could ask for without having it made to spec.

The owner and their real estate agent have been less than accommodating and useful through the entire thing, with poor document practices, general lack of availability, not handing over paperwork in a timely manner, and a whole host of crap that had already made one buyer walk away. If the house wasn't so close to perfect, we'd have moved on, ourselves.

They've kept us updated as things moved forward, explained every step of the process, found us a great rate, done other work for us that they totally didn't have to do, and just have been awesome throughout the entire process.

Seriously, if anybody is interested in moving into the South Bay/East LA region, let me know, and I'll forward their details.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

I'm so glad for you.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

We were lucky to have a great one as well (we're in Oregon). She was an absolute angel. Because of all the military moves, we had always rented, and were absolutely clueless on buying. She answered our millions of questions, took us round to see endless houses, never showed any impatience with how long it took us to find something we liked. Was never pushy - in fact, she pointed out things we wouldn't have known, like on one house (a quite nice one), she immediately pointed out she knew the type of siding had been in a class action suit, it was known to grow mold underneath. And another place, she watched carefully as we drove to it (in a town further away, so she hadn't been as familiar with the area as usual), then informed us we simply could not buy it, as the neighborhood wasn't safe, and she'd never sleep at night if we were in that neighborhood, LOL. She was a gem. Even stopped by after we moved in to bring us a housewarming gift.

Madness takes it's toll....
      Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Ours gave us a small basket of house supplies that would come in useful for anyone just moving in. We've already put several items to use, and we only spent our first night there last night.

I found out one of the reasons that the former owner refused to let anyone on the property when he wasn't there: the toilet runs, so he'd actually turn off the valve when he was showing the house. >_<

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

We had a great one, too. He served as a transaction broker. We had to downsize due to finances, and learned that our farrier just had his 3rd child, and needed something bigger than their little, old, 2 bedroom farmhouse. So we decided to "trade."

Jack not only stayed on top of everything during a difficult process (closing was postponed 4 times due to inspection and appraisal problems), but suggested that we rent a semi-trailer, so that we could unpack gradually - and hauled it for us with his own truck, saving us about $180 in transport charges.

Good thing, too, since when I took what turned out to be my last step out of our former front door, I landed wrong and broke a bone in my foot! I'm in a wheelchair, which means unpacking is going slooowly.

Jack is also a good listener, a quality all too rare these days.
          I don’t have enough middle fingers to show you how I feel about you.
          - Twitter, via Boredpanda.com, via Youtube

Right. Well. When you manage to pull the concussed deer of your intellect away from the oncoming headlights of life let me know. - Grave keeper

Comment

Working...
          X