This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the sale price w/o member's card!

So the other day after working an 11 hour maint/housekeeping shift, I just wanted to go home and play XBox (thanks, Sarah! ) I didn't want to cook, and it was so hot outside, I didn't even want hot food. I remembered an awesome fruit platter Hubs had bought at the grocery store across the street (it has cream cheese frosting to dip the fruit in!), and decided I would pick one of those up on the way home and make that my dinner.

Now, a few things to note here. (1) I never, EVER shop at this grocery store except on rare occasions. Even though it is closest to my home, it is expensive, and a bit prissy imho, so I tend to avoid it. (2) At the beginning of July, my car was busted into, and several items, including my wallet, were stolen. While all the essentials have been replaced, things like membership loyalty cards to various stores are the last to go. (3) At this grocery store, you have to go to customer service and fill out a rather involved form to get your card. They can't just do it at the registers like everyplace else.

So, I did not realize until I got to the checkout and pulled out my wallet that, oops, don't have my card. I explained to the clerk that I didn't have it since it had been stolen and I hadn't replaced it yet.

Cashier: "Do you know the phone number?"
    Me: "I'm not sure. I got it a long time ago. Try xxx-xxxx."
    Cashier: "Nope. Was [brand name juice I was also purchasing] on sale?"
    Me: "I don't remember. Just don't worry about it."
    Cashier: "Okay, your total is $x.xx"

(As I left, I realized I should have just used Hub's number, since he had a card.)

When I got home and was balancing my checkbook and looked at the receipt, though, I realized the cashier had gone ahead and given me the member savings anyways! It was unexpected. I wish I'd known at the time so I could thank him properly.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Oh, how nice of them.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
    X