This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Print shop let me save almost $50

I had to get an assload of stuff printed for school for the summer - in particular, four posters. I love the local UPS store and I called them to find out if I could take my large-format pieces to them, and I called about two months in advance in case their quote was too high and I needed time to shop elsewhere.

I was quoted something like $12 per poster based on the size, and that was a great price, so I told them I'd come in in a couple weeks when all my projects were done to get it all printed (I also had several normal-sized things to print).

Imagine my surprise when I get an email saying they want $22 dollars a poster! With the other little things I had to get printed, the whole cost for this would have been around $90.

I talked to the lady at the store who gave me the original quote and told her that I thought it'd be only $12 because that's what she told me at first. To make a long story short, she contacted her supervisor and the place they send large-format images out to for printing and they decided to let me have the posters at $12 each.

Honestly, if I was initially quoted more than $15 a poster, I'd have looked online for a printer because I simply did not have a lot of money to waste on goddamn paper. Since these people were awesome, I was able to save $48.

In addition, I have to print out a couple booklets a year for class and this store not only prints them, but they put the pages in book format, trim them and staple them for me because I always fuck up when I try to assemble a book myself. I love going to this place for anything I need printed.

Utterly fabulous.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
    X