This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Such nice Sympatico techs!

I recently had to call my ISP -- Sympatico -- because suddenly I no longer had an Internet connection.

And I got what might have been nicest customer service person in the galaxy. She'd ask for information -- I'd reply -- and I would get an enthusiastic "thank you for the information you have provided." It was almost certainly a canned speech but she managed not to make it sound canned. She was unfailingly polite throughout the call, apologizing whenever she had to put me on hold (however briefly) and not at all put out when I was trying to figure out what was going on at my end (with only moderate success at times).

When she solved the problem, she assured me that she would not have been able to fix things without my help, leaving me feeling almost geeky ... even though pretty much all I know about computers is (a) how to turn one on, and (b) where to find the phone number when I turn it on and it doesn't perform as expected.

It's doubly odd because if I'm not mistaken, Sympatico is an offshoot (or something) of Ma Bell, and Ma Bell has got to have some of the absolutely worst customer service people you would ever hate to have to deal with.

Quoth Pixilated View Post
    ...and Ma Bell has got to have some of the absolutely worst customer service people you would ever hate to have to deal with.
    Nah. As long as they've got AT&T, Charter, and Earthlink support to compete with, they can't possibly be the worst. I speak from painful experience with all three of the above, and much less painful experience with the local Bell before AT&T gobbled them up. >_<

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
    X