This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• made a customer happy yesterday

I was taking care of receiving, and contacting customers to let them know their stuff was in & ready etc.

One of the customers I contacted told me that she wouldn't be in for a few days to pick it up because she had to go out of town to visit her father in the hospital.

I was kind and sympathetic and wished him well.

I think she was surprised that I thought to do that, and when she said that he was ok, but that she wanted to spend some time with him because they'd feared it had been a heart attack...

I know the company wants us to be polite and considerate to customers for their bottom dollar etc but my sympathy wasn't fake. My own father went through a heart scare a few months ago so I can understand how she felt.

Normally we're suppose to call people daily to pick up their stuff, but on her log, I noted that she'd be gone for a week. She only said "a few days" but... I'd rather give her the benefit of not being nagged while she's concerned with more important things.

Good on you. It's the little things like that which help you concentrate on the bigger picture; last thing she needs, as you rightly observe, is people asking her when she's going to be able to pick up a package.
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Working...
    X