This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super 8

I feel kinda gypped. For years I was under the impression that Super 8 was a low quality motel that was to be avoided if possible. Not sure where I got that idea, but I had it.

Today, only way home from a distant assignment I started to feel bad. I tried my best to make it home, but about 60-90 miles out I knew I had to stop and stay stopped. I didn't want to shell out the amount of coinage that a few of the hotels right off the highway would have cost, so I ended up at the Super 8.

First - the check in. I asked what the rate was and the woman asked if I had any discounts. When I replied in the negative, she asked where I was coming from in scrubs and then offered me the corporate rate since I was traveling on business. Pretty awesome of her since my assignment was *over*.

Then the room - pretty standard single room. Perhaps a slight bit of wear on some of the items. But by golly was it *clean*. And everything I have used works. For comparison - the Red Lion I stayed at last night? Trashcans still had trash from previous guests, several channels had picture but no sound and wifi was ssslllloooowwww. And they offer breakfast and smoking rooms here.

Yeah - Super 8 corporate is going to get an email as well as the local comment cars that will be filled out during checkout.

Sorry this was so long. I knew people here would understand the joy when something not only exceeds your expectations, but blows them out of the water.

Great experience report.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
    X