This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This one customer I had...

For all those who don't know me, I'm a cart-pusher at "X-MART" and have been a full-time slave there for almost four years.

Just a couple of days ago, I had just hauled in a fresh row of carts and was taking a little breather outside by the entrance to catch my breath and figure out where to go from there when this lady customer was walking past me with a full cart crammed with Thanksgiving stuff. She looked at me and gave me a nice smile and I immediately walked up to her to see if I can offer assistance.

ME: How are you doing, ma'am? Do you need some help with your stuff here?

Nice Customer(NC): *grinning* Yes, thank you for offering! I could use some help, actually. I'm just getting my shopping all done.
    *as we walk to her car, we start talking about the upcoming holiday*
    NC: Are you guys open on Thanksgiving?
    ME: Yes, we are. We only actually close one day a year. And that's Christmas.
    NC: So, I guess you're working Thanksgiving, right?
    ME: Yes, I am! I'm only working a few hours though.
    *she acted shocked and surprised by this answer* NC: But you guys deserve to have the holiday off! You work very hard out here.
    *As we reached her car, I thanked her for the compliment and we began loading up her back seat while I told her why I feel like I'm working on Thanksgiving*

ME: I don't really feel bad about it. I'm single and have no kids, and I figure it's better that I work while guys with families can go home and be with them, so it's not really a big deal, and the holiday pay is pretty good too.
    NC: That's the most sweetest thing I ever heard!
    *To my complete and utmost surprise, since I'm usually having to deal with negative, sucky customers, she reaches over and gives me a tender hug. She then asks for my name, which I give to her as she gets into her car.

NC: I'm going to remember you the next time I come in here. You've been a great help and you're so nice and thoughtful to think of others. God bless you, sir, and you have a GREAT Thanksgiving!!!

Now, it only takes one customer to really make someone's day and this woman turned out to make my WEEK! I wish I had more customers like her. I couldn't stop grinning about it even 2 days later, while it's still fresh in my mind. It's nice to know there are a few people out there who really care about what you do for the community.

The few. They're wonderful.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Some folks understand Karma works both ways

Comment

That's anazing--genuine thankfulness.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
        X