This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I officially love this company!

Ok, a while back, I came across a company called Spoonflower. It prints and sells fabric that is designed by, well, everybody who wants to design fabric. You have to pay for a proof swatch of your design but after that, you can offer it for sale

I thought it was a pretty neat idea and played around with some designs and put them up, thinking nothing of it. Well, I got enough response from some of them that I've been slowly buying proofs of the ones people like. I haven't made a lot but I've loved hearing from people who liked the designs.

Well, i got a message from a woman who was making a blanket for her grandson for Christmas and I was the only person who'd done a certain design and could I please let her know when it was available for purchase.

Well, crap. I'd bought a swatch for that fabric maybe 12 hours earlier and it was going to be at least 14 days before I could get the swatches, no way was she going to get that fabric in time for Christmas. Don't know why, but I sent a message to the help desk, asking if, since I'd already ordered the proof, could they just put that one fabric up for sale for this woman? I explained that I'd been out of work for a while and couldn't afford the expedited shipping but I didn't want my lack of funds to ruin her Christmas.

I got this reply back tonight, at 9:35pm my time, which is 10:35pm for them. Major kudos to the people working this late. I didn't expect to hear back from them this quickly.

Thank you for your email. I have made the design available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace. Please let the nice Grandmother [know] that she can now order the design on fabric. I have also expedited the processing and shipping of your swatch order. Please let me know if there is any other way I can help you.
    They could have told me no, sorry, bad luck for you or asked me to pay for expedited shipping or any number of things, all of which I expected. I honestly did not expect them to expedite my order in any way.

So, thanks Spoonflower! You guys are awesome!
    "I'm starting to see a pattern in the men I date" - Miss Piggy, Muppet Treasure Island

I'm writing!! Check out the blog.

Wow, that was pretty good of them!

Comment

Now THAT is totally awesome customer service ^_^ It sounds like they really went out of their way to help you out and make that Grandma's Christmas!

I'd say, spread the story out among friends of yours who craft/sell online, and let the guys at Spoonflower know, too! We all know how rare it can be to hear compliments at from customers at work.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Sent them a thank you and tweeted about the awesome service. I'll be telling everybody I know about it.
        "I'm starting to see a pattern in the men I date" - Miss Piggy, Muppet Treasure Island

Comment

This service reminds me of Animal Crossing.
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I must take a look at this website, it sounds fascinating.

Comment

It's a lot of fun. I admired it as a business model and their general practices. Their customer service has just made it even better.

Comment

you are an evil woman for posting this. :P

Hubby and I are planning a Sounders quilt based on his photos. And they have the wallpaper from the Haunted Mansion.

After Christmas, I might finally learn how to quilt.
                Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

The company sounds wonderful.
                  Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

It is a fantastic company and the thank you note is now in the mail. I do hope they get a lot of these.

Comment

Working...
                    X