This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My boss is awesome

So as some of you know, I have a job, well, I say job, but as of yet, it's just me helping my boss out, until such time that He gets a new office and i can actually go work there (video game recruitment), plus it helps me get a bit of practise in, with the promise of vouchers for every person I hire, or saving up what I'd have earned and then giving it to me as a bonus when I start work. The reasons for that are because I want to help him out, want to get practise in but don't want to lose my benefits that i'll need to stay on until I work for him proper.

Anyway, a couple of the examples of why he's awesome, it helps that we used to go to school together (and infact, ironically, sold me a N64 all those years ago). He's been trying to get me to work with him for years, done a bit of dabbling, but could never really commit, yet he's stuck by trying to get me. He's super willing to work with me around my back pain when the time comes that I work for him (such as if my back is too bad to come in, he'll pretty much let me work from home for that day), as well as being really and honestly sympathetic to it, so much so, that he said out of the blue that he's going to get me some alternative pain relief stuff (legal stuff) out of his own pocket to see if that helps. Whenever he rings me for buisiness related stuff, it always ends up with us just shooting the shit about various subjects, so a phonecall is never boring, he's just such a chill guy I can see us just constantly bantering about stuff while we're working. Another example is when I casually mentioned how a second monitor would help with the work that we do, not only does he like the idea for himself, he pretty much said "Whats your address and I'll get you one"

He also doesn't give a crap about qualifications for me, it essentially boiled down to "You know shit tons about games? Hired!" Which is great, due to school crap and then cause of my bad back, I don't have very many qualifications to begin with.

Hell, I said to him that honestly, I'm a PC Gamer so don't really know too much abot console games, and he's like "I'll lend you my PS3 sometime"

Some people would be against hiring friends, due to the chance of them taking advantage of the situation (which I won't, the fact that he's so awesome and a friend means I'll gladly go above and beyond for him) Infact we even talked about one shared friend who pretty much used him.

All in all, its going to be the making of me, his company is steadily growing, with the staff consisting of him, his missus and pretty much me as well, I think.

It's funny, just a scant few days into my helping him out, he told me "bloody hell its like you know how to do this!" (coming from someone who has 5+ years of experience, to someone who before then had zero experience, is quite a compliment.)

Was funny yesterday, he was telling me about him going to Crytek in German to talk about some stuff with that company.

My Boss: "There I was, expecting aybe a natter, cakes and a brew when all of a sudden HOLY CRAP in walks the Director of Crytek."
    Last edited by RayvenQ; 12-08-2011, 01:49 PM.
    I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.
Working...
X