This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why aren't more people like this? T_T

So, my boss puts me on a till today despite it bloody obvious that I have a stinking cold. Two people called in sick already.

As a result, every couple of customers I ran to the nearby sink to blow my nose and wash my hands to stop me looking like a drippy slob. This customer, a mother with her husband and two teenage kids, was after such a run.

Me: (drying my hands) So sorry to keep you waiting.
    Customer: No, no, it's quite all right, it is cold season after all. I'm surprised they put you on a till.
    Me: Well, my boss can't say he wasn't warned before I even clocked in this morning. So I can blame him if anything goes wrong. What can I do for you?
    Customer: Alright, I'd like two adults and two teens for [film] three regular hotdogs, one regular nachos, and a coke.
    Me: (checking grill) I'm afraid we only have two large left, is that all right?
    Customer: How much bigger are they?
    Me: Twice as big and only 30p more each.
    Customer: That's perfectly fine then.
    Me: Oh, and if you upgrade your coke to large, I can get the nachos cheaper.
    Customer: Sounds good to me.

So I get everything and she adds some ice cream, so I get that too, after I ring in her items, she adds ice cream to the list, I get that too (tubs).

The conversation ends in this:

Me: Here you are, enjoy your film!
    Customer: Thank you, get well soon!

I love it when customers are like this!

Yay! She was pretty cool.

I know what you mean about serving customers and having to blow your nose (I was like that all last week). I'm always worried I'm gonna get a negative comment even tho I make are they see the Purell slathered on my hands.

One guy even was about to ask me a question, saw the tissue I was about to put to my nose and had brought down, paused and said, go ahead, blow your nose. I said no, it's ok and he was just silent. So I blew my nose, lol. Awkward, but eh, hehe.

Comment

Working...
    X