Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a thank you card from a customer!

I went out of my way to help a customer and it didn't go unnoticed.

She dropped off a thank you card for me.

She had told the girls on the front desk to let me know her problem got resolved, and she would be in to give me great big hug. LOL

The card was enough.

The only problem is that she gave it directly to me instead of sending it to my boss, so now, if I show it to him, it will look like I'm tooting my own horn.

She bought a ceiling fan from us last summer and it didn't work,
    We replaced it, but there was a problem with the new one too.

She came back in, but in a case like that, it's very rare to get 2 dud fans in a row, so they assumed it was a problem with the woman's wiring or something.
    They told her to get it checked.

She called an electrician and he checked everything out and determined her wiring was fine, and it really was the fans.
    (Very, very odd and extremely rare! This is a fairly expensive, high end product, and the company has a very low return rate on their products because they have quite high standards and quality control.) The electrician, without even talking to us nor the company who made the fan, just went ahead and ordered a new transformer and remote and billed the poor woman $150. (She's an elderly woman on a fixed income. She's not destitute, but she's not overly rich either, and that was a lot of money, especially considering what she paid for the fan, and she had a bad product. It should have been warranty.)

She brought the bill to me in early October when it was mailed out to her.
    I called the company on her behalf.
    I spent over 2 weeks playing phone tag, faxing and emailing, until I finally got someone in authority who was able to help me.

They were going to send a cheque to the woman for the total bill from the electrician.

Just before Christmas, I called the woman to follow up.
    She still didn't have her money, but she was so grateful to me for sticking with it and for checking in so she knew I hadn't forgotten about her and her problem.

Like I say, I just wish she had given all those glowing comments about me to someone higher up so I don't have to be the one to go pointing out just how awesome I am.

I was just shocked that she sent a card.

We always hear when there's a problem, but never when things are done right.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

My mother says that in the workplace, nobody is going to toot your horn except you.

So toot it.

It's always nice when someone appreciates something you've done. Most people never give feedback unless it's negative feedback. So it's especially nice when someone takes the time to thank you for helping them in some way.

Comment

Definitely toot it!

I've done it before. Easy to work into a conversation if they are the type to talk or say hi.

Boss: Hi.
      You: Hi. How are you?
      Boss: Good, and you?
      You: Awesome! A customer gave me a thank you card for going the extra mile for her.

Lol
      At least, that's what I would do. Very similar to my own conversations with my bosses. They get naturally curious and ask for the story.

If you have a place to display it, go right ahead.

Comment

I sent him an email titled "Update on customer service issue".

I reminded him about the incident because I had discussed it with him at the time. The customer had come in wanting to talk to him, but he was away so I handled it. (It would have come to my desk anyways. LOL)

I let him know the problem had been resolved; the customer was extremely happy and had said she would be recommending our store to everyone; and she had given me a thank you card.

He sent back a one word email that said, "Nice."
        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Bah, lol. At least he knows! That's anticlimactic.

My bosses are husband and wife. The wife would elaborate. The husband was one or two words. Haha.

Comment

That's a crappy manager who doesn't have anything else to say besides grunting out a one word response.

Comment

Working...
            X