This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My lost wallet story.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this one. I'll find it if I was wrong.

Stardate 2001,

My family and I were on vacation. We stayed in a motel in Williams, AZ in preparation for heading home after seeing the Grand Canyon. The stay went well, as no sparrow-sized roaches appeared from the woodwork, as had happened in a hotel we stayed in when we visited Florida and there weren't any active railroad tracks butting up against the back of the room as had happened in the motel that used to be a train station in Missouri. Anyway, we gathered our stuff and got all the way to Casa Grande which is between Phoenix and home, Tucson.

I stopped to get gas and discovered my wallet was missing. My wife and I tried to retrace our steps, where purchases were made, when I last saw it etc., and we came to a concensus that it must have fallen out of my pants at the motel. Unfortunately my shoddy record-keeping skills meant that I had put the receipt with the motel's name and number in the same pocket as my wallet and, you guessed it, I didn't have it either so calling them at that moment was out of the question, as was using the phone at the gas station. (we were refused.) I couldn't remember the name of the motel or the street it was on, only the town. Since I had just spent the last $8.25 we had on gas, we didn't have change for the pay phone so I decided to drive home and start making frantic calls from the comfort of my recliner.

I finally found out the name of the motel by calling the Williams police, who looked up the number for me and told me that they would go there as I called in case it was found, though that turned out not to be necessary. When I got hold of the person in charge, they told me that they had found my wallet and had put it in the mail addressed to the location on my drivers license which, luckily, was current.

Since it's too late to make a long story short, let me say that not only did they send me my wallet, they sent it Express Mail. I had my wallet by 2pm the next day, intact, nothing missing. To say I was relieved would be an understatement. I called the motel and got all the particulars and sent out a couple checks. One to the person who spent their money to send it to me and one to the person who found it.

The moral is...

Crime doesn't pay. Honesty does, or at least it should.

Jim
    Last edited by bigjimaz; 03-03-2007, 01:39 PM.
    This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

That is awesome. It makes me glad to know that there are some honest people out there.

Comment

After reading about all the sorry pissant SC's on this site. That story redeems (a little) my faith in human beings.

Comment

Working...
      X