This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinkgeek CS

I bought some stuff from Thinkgeek the other day (a telescope ring and "Hello, I am Dovakhiin(sp?)" shirt). I noticed that my bank account seemed...

...higher than I imagined. See, the total of my order was, according to my calculations, supposed to leave in my bank account an even round number (ie $70 on the dot) and it wasn't. It had about $5 more.

So I emailed TG, being concerned that they weren't getting some of the money.

The very nice CSR, "Kara," thanked me for my honesty and politely reminded me of the fact that I had used a coupon for $5 and that was why I wasn't charged more. She did notice that the discount was not shown on the bill, though.

So here's to you, TG--for being nice and even replying "Thanks ^_^" to my "you have a good day too!" reply. Not a lot of CSRs are able or willing to do that.
    Last edited by Tama; 03-08-2012, 12:13 AM.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

They're the best there. Never had any problems, but they've been fantastic clearing up an error or two on my part.

Comment

Thinkgeek is amazing for their CS.

I bought a retro Bluetooth handset a year ago, and it didn't work out of the box. One e-mail to them and they shipped me a replacement at no cost and because of the issues with Customs, told me to keep the first after I asked how to return it.

Great and friendly service!

They are too dangerous to the credit card.

B
      "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
      I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Quoth Bandit View Post
        They are too dangerous to the credit card.
        QFT. So true. Very very very true. Damn them for having such awesome stuffs...
        (Is currently waiting on the arrival of her TG order )
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Agreed on all points.

I've had two encounters with their customer service, and I've had to respond both times to tell them how awesome they are.

"Um, my points expired almost three months ago, and I was hoping to use them now. I don't suppose I could get those back, could I?"
          "Sure! Here you go! Happy shopping!"

"I accidentally ordered two of the same thing. Can I return one for site credit?"
          "Here's the site credit! The item was only $8, so you can keep both anyway."

I don't think I could pull an entitlement attitude with these people even if I wanted to. They wouldn't give me a chance!
          I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
          - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
          - IPF

Comment

Working...
          X