This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This was cool....

So I rarely post in here, though I often deal with wonderful bartenders, servers, etc. But today prompted me to, since I rarely see this kind of awesomeness in retail In K-MART, no less.

I was off running errands, and stopped into the local K-Mart to look for a kitchen scale (which they didn't have any of) and a person scale (aka a bathroom scale). One of the staffers helped me find the latter, and recommended a really cool digital one she had, which looked pretty good....and the price listed on the shelf was far less than any of the other semi-decent scales. Way cool.

I go to check out, and the girl at the register scans it and says, "$37.56." What? Huh? I calmly tell her that on the shelf it was listed at $21.99, which is why I had grabbed it. She scanned it again...with the same result. Huh.

At this point, I am sure a lot of horrible customers would go off and become really bitchy. I was just sitting there, scratching my head, but being very polite and calm about the whole thing. Frankly, I was ready to just put the scale back and move on, since I really didn't want to drop forty bucks on a scale, at least not today. But before I could register defeat, the clerk said, "Let's go look." And she went with me to the aisle with the scales. And there were the others scales of the same model I had, all piled on top of a shelf with a tag that read "$21.99." She reached down to tear that tag off, saying they must have had the wrong date or some such. And I figured that that was that, and I would not be getting my scale. But then she walked with me up to the register, with that price marker in her hand, and told me that, since that was the price listed, that is what I would get it for.

Well, hot damn. Thank you, Miss Awesome. And I have to figure part of why she went the extra distance was because I was calm, cool, collected, polite, and very certain of what the price was supposed to be.

She even apologized to me for offering me a service plan for the scale, which I declined, but I told her I knew she had to. All in all, a very surprising and awesome experience at the local K-Mart, which generally has a (usually well-deserved) reputation for lousy service and unknowledgeable employees.

And yes, the scale ROCKS, by the way. Now I just need to get the numbers on the read out to rock as much as the (way too accurate) scale is.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Great =)

<though sometime in the past 6 months since my last cardiologist visit I lost 20 pounds, you must have found it by accident .... sorry >

Though with as much walking around and bike riding that you do, can't see how you gain weight. Maybe you should swim a few laps around the island every week
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Oh, I'm not gaining weight these days. Sadly, I am not losing weight either.

Actually, as I've said many times before, my current weight would be fine with me, if only it were distributed differently. Too much in my midsection. Though this weight in general would be great for my height and build if I could cut the fat from the middle and build muscle in the upper body.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
      X