This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth wolfie View Post
    If the "expert" is a buzzword-spewing phony, he won't want to admit ignorance, and will probably try to give a BS answer. If your boss sees how, rather than flag nonsense in your query, the guy tries to gloss over Windows 10's (D)iesel (P)articulate (F)ilter implementation, it would be a clear sign that the consultant needs replacement.
    Fortunately, Boss Lady is listening to me. It just took her a long time to act because she doesn't like confrontation. He's already been paid to run the security tests on what we set up, but we won't be paying him to supply us with the actual systems and software.

I can't wait to see how his tests go. I'm sure he's going to try to find something wrong with our setup.

I do like the idea of throwing in buzzwords to trip him up, though.
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

• "Experts" like this are worse than nothing. If a medical office has done nothing, they KNOW that their lack of following best practices could result in a leak of patient information, along with the penalties such a leak would bring.

An office that has hired an "all hat no cattle" expert and falls for his BS THINKS they've locked down their data, so a leak would come as a complete surprise to them.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• I'm still getting the "schedule your upgrade" popup on occasion. I have noticed that whenever that comes back, my connection dies and I have to reboot to fix it.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Here's how to turn the little notifier app off.

http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/d...e-notification
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• I'm building a new computer (with maxed out everything!) and the OS I'm putting on it is Windows 8.1.

And it's gonna stay that way until someone figures out exactly what and how much Win 10 phones home with, even after all the settings are changed.
            Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

• Quoth otakuneko View Post
              I'm building a new computer (with maxed out everything!) and the OS I'm putting on it is Windows 8.1.

And it's gonna stay that way until someone figures out exactly what and how much Win 10 phones home with, even after all the settings are changed.
              Same here. I have downloaded it, but refuse to install it until these issues are addressed.

EDIT:

I left on my computer when I went to work. Win 10 decided to install while I was out today, so I guess I'm using it. Hopefully it works.
              Last edited by Victory Sabre; 10-16-2015, 01:59 AM.
              "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

• you've got up to a month to roll back to Win 7/8 if you were using that earlier.
                Just installed Windows 10 over night for the hell of it, just after I started the install I remembered my Audio hardware doesn't support Win 10 yet, so panicked a little bit. Seems to work fine Ok though.

Hopefully gaming performance won't be affected too much (this OS install is purely for gaming) but I do have a decent amount of Ram (12Gb) and an 8core system. New GPU arrives Monday (GTX 960) so I can run Fallout 4

Comment

• Quoth prjkt View Post
                  you've got up to a month to roll back to Win 7/8 if you were using that earlier.
                  Oh, so they've put a time limit on it? Welp, that rules it out for me.
                  I AM the evil bastard!
                  A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

• I think I've said before that my husband went back to 7 before the time limit because he kept having problems. I had just 1 time that I had any issues with 10 and they were fairly easily resolved so I've still got it. For me it's mainly getting used to the different methods of doing various things but then that usually happens with every upgrade. So so far so good.
                    Oh, and I still have the cd for windows 7 that I think I can still use but at this time can't see why.
                    "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

• I just read that in Windows 10 you have to pay Micro$oft $10 a year to play solitaire without having to view video ads. Minesweeper too.

I am finding more and more reasons not to upgrade to Window$ 10.
                      Last edited by Ironclad Alibi; 11-01-2015, 08:20 PM. Reason: spelling correction
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                        I just read that in Windows 10 your have to pay Micro$oft $10 a year to play solitaire without having to view video ads. Minesweeper too.

I can play Solitaire on windows 10. It does want me to sign in but I can still play basic solitaire as a guest. And since I hardly ever play it on my Laptop it doesn't affect me that much. I don't play minesweeper so I don't know about that one.
                        "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

I just read that in Windows 10 you have to pay Micro$oft $10 a year to play solitaire without having to view video ads. Minesweeper too.

Is it possible to just copy an older copy of Solitaire over from a Win 7 machine????

I know that is how I got around several companies removing SOL.exe during the machine build/boot and nuke/image build.
                          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

• Spotted recently in the wild...
                            Attached Files
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                              Is it possible to just copy an older copy of Solitaire over from a Win 7 machine????
                              Apparently the Windows 7 version of Solitaire checks for the Windows version when it runs.
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Apparently the Windows 7 version of Solitaire checks for the Windows version when it runs.
                                WOW I think???? A OS VERSION check for some minor/small game?????

I know I have copies older versions around and had no problems.
                                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                                X