This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would I know?

I had a user who dropped her laptop and damaged the front so that the DVD drive would not open and who knows if it still worked. It happens and she has kids (but does not travel much so why the laptop?) so no big deal. We decide with mgmt input that the best idea is to get a light external drive.

Get a nice one for her and deliver. User complains she can't burn discs, not working, doing this, not doing that. I ask if she can play music, can she burn anything, watch a movie, does the drive show as availble etc, was there any software? This is a mac, but user has a PC at home. No real answer except not working.

She comes in complaining. Look and sure enough the drive is detected and can see CDs.

Me: Did it have a disk?
    User: Reaches to floor where she threw it. Just this.
    Me: Let's put that in.
    User: It is just some manuals
    Me: That one looks like software (pointing at icon)

Open it and see several choices of software versions

user: It just has those
    Me: That is the software
    user: what should I do?
    Me: open it I think

Install begins

user: how would I know that?
    Me: using a computer

user: I think I am ok now
    Me: (thinking) ya think?

Quoth Doodad View Post
    user: I think I am ok now
    If I had a dollar for every time I heard that muttered in falsehood, I could have retired a very wealthy person by now, and I'm only 25!
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

That's right up there with "Yeah, yeah, I got it" in the rankings of Top Signs They Have No Clue What They're Doing (tm).
      ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth Doodad View Post
        This is a mac,
        ....Nuff said
        "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

Working...
        X