This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong hole

Not really sucky but amusing none the less. I had sold a gentleman a computer not long ago, with the computer he also bought a new anti-virus software. At the time I recommended having us install it because he didn't seem to the most literate person with technology. Alas, I was assured this was something he was capable of.

About 2 weeks go by. Gentleman stops back in, tells me how much he loves his new computer. But there seems to be a problem with the software he bought. Conversation goes like this.

TC=Technically challenged
    Me= The Jet Guy

TC: So where do I install the software at?
    Me: Well when you install it the software will go on your hard drive.
    TC: No, where do I put it?
    Me: You mean the disc? (Thinking this couldn't possibly be it)
    TC: Yes, where do I put the disc to install the software.
    Me: Well it would go in the CD drive right here. (I proceed to press the button to eject the tray and point it out to him.)
    TC: Oh, I think I put it in the wrong spot.
    Me: Well sir, where did you put it? (Holy cow, he bought a laptop with only one CD drive. At this moment I'm thinking where he possibly could have stuck the CD.)
    TC: Oh I put it in the tower.
    Me: What? (Again, brand new laptop. No tower should be in this formula.)
    TC: Yea I put it in my computer tower.
    Me: You put it in your old desktop Pc?
    TC: Yes, was that bad?
    Me: No, not exactly. Your old desktop is now very well protected on the internet. But now you need to either purchase new software of the laptop or contact the manufacturer and have them switch the license to the new laptop.
    TC: Oh ok, is that hard?
    Me: Not really I can give you their number.
    TC: Thanks, you know these things can get confusing.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why AOL is still popular.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

From what he's saying, it almost sounds like he just popped the case on the tower and laid the CD on top of a bunch of cable. It wouldn't surprise me, honestly.

Comment

Well, I must say this thread isn't what I thought it was going to be.
        Sometimes life is altered.
        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
        Uneasy with confrontation.
        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Are you disappointed, Mike?
          GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

I must admit that I kinda had a feeling that this thread would be something like this. That, however, doesn't mean that I didn't hope it was what MadMike was thinking.
            This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
              Are you disappointed, Mike?
              Who, me?
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                Well, now... that brings back a very unpleasant moment in my life...
                I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Quoth TNT View Post
                  Well, now... that brings back a very unpleasant moment in my life...
                  What, you put a cd in the wrong place too?
                  "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                    I know I wasn't thinking outside the bed
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Okay, I've been resisting saying this, but there's an old joke that ends with the punchline "What do you mean, wrong hole?" and I've just got to take a snippet from it:

KA MA SU! KA MA SU!
                      ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
                      X