Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More responsibility but not enough time to do it in.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More responsibility but not enough time to do it in.

This is more morons in management but also this area...

Being in Tech Support we are generally supposed to have a 7 minute average handle time for the day. Recently when my old company and CancelMyService's took over my company in this city they removed our Tier 2 level support that we were outsourcing and now its Tier 1s responsibility. Now normally when you increase someones responsibility you would make the bar higher to compensate? Nope, if we have to troubleshoot Tier 1 issues and now Tier 2 issues the calls will and do generally take longer. I do not know a single person in the call center that can now meet the 7min goal. A good example of the idiocy we have to deal with and makes it impossible to get the average handle time. I had a call that took 2 hours and 36 minutes. You ask wtf could take so long, well since we took over we have to transfer their emails to the new companys email system. That generally should take about 10 minutes or so right? Wrong, it took me about 30 minutes of coaching to be able to get this guy to even go to the welcome portal site to even begin to login. Did it end there? Nope, the guy kept entering his user name incorrectly and after about 30 more minutes he was able to log in and begin the process. But since with the new system, anyone that already had his email address in the new company, he would have to get a new one. Yes that did take the rest of the time to bump it to an hour. To make a long story short I started the call at 8:39 and ended the call at 11:15....

That is an extreme case but why do managers increase our responsibility without giving us extra time to complete it?
    Never Underestimate the Element of Surprise - Odo, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Captain John Rourke(Clear Skies) - Ah, yes. another Black Bird. Are they free with cereal now or something?

I've seen that with my company over the years. Start with just internet, now have phone service, and more and more every year is placed on our plate. But nothing really changes, you're expected to do more work in the same amount of time with no raise for it. We're on a new time system too that is so screwed up and noone understands it. Anyone out there familiar with the words Adherence, and the letters I E X knows what I'm talking about.

Comment

I demand a Tardis, and you can be sure that if I work 8 hours in a 5 minute time span I'm billing for 8 hours.
      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Working...
      X