Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crazy people that do not know what their doing.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy people that do not know what their doing.

Well I am currently on a long call but since the guy is not that bright I can type while I have him do things.

The jist of the call is he could not send his email but he could receive mail. After several times of having him try the web mail client and everytime explaining to load Internet Explorer and 2 hours later after it not working. He informs me after I question why hes getting the screen hes getting in that hes actually using Outlook Express to my utter amazement and frustration. I also never in my time here in Tech Support had to tell someone to type @ instead of at for email addresses.
    Never Underestimate the Element of Surprise - Odo, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Captain John Rourke(Clear Skies) - Ah, yes. another Black Bird. Are they free with cereal now or something?

WOW... that's like when i tell someone to hit their walkie-talkie button on their cell phone.. and then you have to explain it's the big one on the side... the only big button... not that one... the one the size of your thumb
    ~Annichka~
    Working for "Runfast" together with "Beforetel" is just super fun!

Comment

I still enjoy this little tidbit...

Me: "Okay, so you double-clicked on the Internet..."
      Cust: "Right."
      Me: "What's it doing?" (Yeah, it's been "loading" for about a minute)
      Cust: "Well, it's...not doing much of anything. There are a few blue bars on the bottom...that's about it."
      Me: "Okay, I think it may have stalled. If you would, just hit the escape key."
      Cust: "What, the little X?"
      Me: "No, the escape key."
      Cust: "...Where's that?"
      Me: "On the keyboard."

(LONG PAUSE)

Me: "...Sir?" (See, it's not always ma'am)
      Cust: "You're sure it's on the keyboard?"
      Me: "Yes, in the upper-left."
      Cust: "Hmm...Oh!"

Yeah...YEAH. FUN.
      You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

I had the @ thing along time ago, but only once. Other wonders of the world are when a customer reads you the lights on their modem and what they are labled, including Standby which is on. Gee, ever considered what that means? Or for RCA modems in standby where unplugging them doesn't work, and there is a button labeled "Internet On/Off". Try pressing that after being offline for a week!

A coworker got an email tonight asking if there was a "simpler" way to get online other than clicking on their Internet Explorer icon. Guess they were looking for an icon from us to connect, but of course he's always on. We no longer install crappy software just to use our service like AOL does.

Comment

Working...
        X