X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password Problems with I am still caffeine-less

My first call of the day today.

A guy calls in... he forgot his password and can't log into our website. No problem. I can't see passwords but I can see invalid password attempts so normally that helps me narrow down if there is a possible misspelling or if they're typing in caps and don't realize it.

But I'm not showing any login attempts for him. So.... maybe he's trying to log into our corporate website instead of the MLS site. I can't see those attempts, so I direct him to read me the address bar so I can see if he's on the corporate website.

He's not trying to log into the corp site. He's not even online. He's trying to log into his computer. He forgot his NETWORK password.

*sigh*

So I explain that I can't help him with his network password. I can only help him if he's online trying to get into the website that my company runs. I'm not at his office nor am I part of his office and I don't have access to his personal computer or his network password.

His answer?

"But if you can't help me with my password then how am I supposed to get onto my computer?"

*headdesk*

Ummm.... try your IT department. Or your Network Admin. Or SOMEONE IN YOUR OFFICE!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Wenchie; 09-19-2007, 02:18 AM.
    "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Wow... that actually hurt to read.
    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

I had the exact opposite the other day. I took a call from one of our franchises that they couldn't get into their Yahoo! e-mail. "But it's for <company><storenumber> e-mail!"

(Yahoo was not giving an invalid password message, just an "unable to verify" one.)

I told her to contact Yahoo! Guess what? Her "forgot my password" points to her Yahoo! e-mail!
      I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Working...
      X